Individual therapy is therapy provided with just the client present–it’s private time between you and the therapist. During individual therapy, you and your therapist work to facilitate change and improve your quality of life. Individual therapy can help people confront barriers that interfere with their emotional and mental well-being. Therapy can also increase positive feelings such as compassion, self-esteem, love, courage, and peace. Issues often addressed in Individual Therapy include:
- Bi-Polar Disorder
- Obsessive and Compulsive Concerns (OCD)
- Attention Deficit and/or Hyperactivity Concerns (ADHD)
- Self Esteem and Self Confidence Concerns
- Overwhelming Stress/Stress Management
- Anger Problems
- Phobias, Panic Attacks, and/or Panic Disorders
- Grief and Loss
- Adjustments to Life Changes (Divorce/Separation, Relocation/Move, Job Change, etc…)
- Trauma Concerns–trauma may include: Rape or sexual abuse, physical abuse, neglect, witnessing or surviving domestic violence, involvement in a car accident, witnessing or involvement in a violent crime, involvement in a natural or man-made disaster, possibly even experiencing an attack by an animal such as a dog.
- Relationship Concerns
- Parenting and/or Caregiver Stress
Individual therapy can be scheduled as often as necessary. Typically, clients are seen weekly for 60 minutes at a time. Bluegrass Professional Counseling strives to provide services for each client based on what that client needs and wants.